Wednesday, July 10, 2013

What about these dead black kids?

Don’t get me wrong; I mourn for Trayvon Martin. It’s a tragedy that any young kid like him will not live to see adulthood. But I don’t blame George Zimmerman for shooting him in self-defense.
I blame the corrupt, violent, lifeless, drug and gangsta culture that is breeding generations of Trayvons – kids who are uneducated, devoid of morals, without vision, dreams and aspirations. I blame a political establishment that fosters all of this and lures kids and their parents into dependency on the state. I blame the broader culture that tolerates violence against black people – as long as that violence is perpetrated by black people. You think I’m exaggerating?

As the nation is fixated on George Zimmerman’s trial for the death of Trayvon Martin in Florida, over the weekend, 74 people were shot in Chicago – most of them black victims attacked by black perps. At least 12 were killed. Many of the injuries are serious.

Almost no one is talking about 74 people being shot in one holiday weekend in a city with the strictest anti-gun laws in the country. That’s more Americas that were shot in Iraq and Afghanistan combined over the same time period – a lot more.
Couldn't have said it any better.

No comments: