Saturday, July 25, 2009

Obama Calls Cambridge Police Officer, Invites him for a Beer with Gates at the White House

Crowley's Irish which means he's really gotta like alcohol right? Hence the "beer" invite. How racist!!

President Obama made his second surprise appearance before press in the briefing room to address what he called the “media frenzy” over his comments on the Skip Gates case.

“The fact that it has garnered so much attention, I think, is a testimony to the fact that these are issues that are still very sensitive here in America,” The President said, “And, you know, so to the extent that my choice of words didn't illuminate, but rather contributed to more media frenzy, I think that was unfortunate.”

At about 2:15 pm today the President spoke on the phone with Sergeant Jim Crowley.

“I have to tell you that, as I said yesterday, my impression of him was that he was a outstanding police officer and a good man, and that was confirmed in the phone conversation. And I told him that.”

Obama took partial blame for the media frenzy over the story, saying that he “helped to continue ratcheting it up” by saying that the Cambridge police “acted stupidly” comments at Wednesday night’s primetime press conference.

No comments: