Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Gingrich-Pelosi Climate Change Ad: Why I Took Part by Newt Gingrich

This is an excerpt from an e-mail we received from former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich on why he participated in an ad for WE.

Many of you have written to me to ask why I recently taped an advertisement with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for The Alliance for Climate Protection, a group founded by former Vice President Al Gore. I completely understand why many of you would have questions about this, so I want to take this opportunity to explain my reasons. First of all, I want to be clear: I don't think that we have conclusive proof of global warming. And I don't think we have conclusive proof that humans are at the center of it. But here's what we do know. There is an important debate going on right now over the right energy policy, the right environmental policy, and making sure we do the right things for our future and the future of our children and grandchildren. Conservatives are missing from this debate, and I think that's a mistake. When it comes to preserving our environment for future generations, we can't have a slogan of "Just yell no!"


Complete and utter BS. Conservatives want nothing more than to be part of the debate but the left has declared the debate OVER and brands any and all who don’t completely agree with their position to be unworthy of consideration. Capitulation and compliance are NOT debate.

No comments: