Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Cindy Sheehan's True Mindset Emerges ( Updated)

These are "usenet" posts made by Cindy Sheehan. As you read through them a picture of Ms. Sheehans beliefs and motivations becomes apparent. Hat Tip: Sam Hill at FR .

Cindy Sheehan March 15, 2005 To Whom it May Concern:

Imagine my distress when I turned Night Line on last night and I was confronted with the gory details of my son's murder in Sadr City, Baghdad, Iraq on 04/04/04. Imagine, also, my sorrow and rage at the side of the story that you presented to the American public.[SNIP]

I was on the Night Line Townhall Meeting in Washington, DC on 01/27/05. After I spoke (which I think was a fluke), Ted Koppel dismissed me as being "emotional." First of all, how can I approach this discussion without emotions, MY SON WAS KILLED, AND KILLED FOR LIES? Second of all, that show was not fair and balanced and I think the conclusion "Should we stay" was foregone.

The show last night was also not fair and balanced. To see all the wives being interviewed who had not lost their husbands and to hear what "hard work" it is to be left behind when their husbands are at war. How hard to you think it is to have a child killed in an illegal and immoral war? In this "wonderful" group of families left behind, we had exactly ONE of the wives call us..she is Diane Rose who was my son's Colonel, Frank Rose's wife. The last time we heard from Diane was in October and we feel we have been left behind by anyone connected to the 2-5 Cavalry. Is support only given if your loved one stays alive? One wife was quoted as saying that Sundays were the hardest for the families left behind. My son was killed on Palm Sunday last year..how does anybody think Sundays are for my family?

Am I emotional? Yes, my first born was murdered. Am I angry? Yes, he was killed for lies and for a PNAC Neo-Con agenda to benefit Israel. My son joined the Army to protect America, not Israel. Am I stupid? No, I know full-well that my son, my family, this nation, and this world were betrayed by a George Bush who was influenced by the neo-con PNAC agenda after 9/11. We were told that we were attacked on 9/11 because the terrorists hate our freedoms and democracy...not for the real reason, becuase the Arab-Muslims who attacked us hate our middle-eastern foreign policy. That hasn't changed since America invaded and occupied Iraq...in fact it has gotten worse.

It would be so amazing if your show would put me, or another parent who lost their child on who disagrees with the war and this administration: to have just an entire show..without presenting the false side of the debate. That would take a lot of courage and integrity. I hope your program will exhibit these qualities.I also think that Mr. Koppel owes me an apology for the rude way I was treated on his show. After I expressed myself about the war being based on lies and that the troops should be brought home immediately because the war was based on lies, I was not thanked for my comments, or my son's sacrifice. He just said to keep the discussion away from emotions. Then, the wife of a soldier who was killed was allowed to speak and she praised the policies of this deplorable and despicable administration, and she was thanked and praised by the panel.

It's becoming obvious that this women despised the Bush administration from the very beginning. Her son being killed in the war only served to intensify, and validate (in her own mind) those beliefs. Mix in her co-dependent enterage ie. Code Pink, Crawford Peace House, and a salivating Media you have a recipe for Moonbat Madness.

Note the borderline anti-Semitism in the highlighted portion. A moderately educated racist peacenik is an extremely dangerous combination.

I initially gave Ms. Sheehan the benefit of the doubt considering her loss and the effect grief might be playing in her judgement. I must now however, alter my analysis. I believe this women to be a full fledged Kool-Aid drinking, Tin foil hat wearing raving lunatic. The same crazy nonsense she is spewing is straight off the pages of the Democratic Underground. She is not being exploited, but rather is exploiting her sons death to promote her own agenda. The former warrants sympathy, the latter disdain.

Update: Dr. Shackleford at Jawa feels my characterization of Ms. Sheehan's remarks as "borderline anti-semitic" to be an understatement. My experience councels me to never argue with a professor concerning semantics. I consequently defer to the good doctor and consent and amend to his interpretation.

Update II: Rich Lowry at the Corner: The letter supposedly written by Sheehan has been circulating on the internet. Here's a choice bit: “he was killed for lies and for a PNAC Neo-Con agenda to benefit Israel. My son joined the Army to protect America, not Israel. Am I stupid? No, I know full-well that my son, my family, this nation, and this world were betrayed by George [W.] Bush who was influenced by the neo-con PNAC agenda after 9/11.” I didn't include it in a Sheehan column I wrote today, because it wasn't totally clear it was legit. But ABC News has now confirmed to us that this letter was signed by Sheehan and sent to them on her behalf.So it seems pretty clear, as I mentioned in this post, that Sheehan lied to Anderson Cooper last night. I don't usually watch 360, but I'm definitely tuning in tonight.

No comments: