Monday, June 13, 2005

Three National Journalists Deny Liberal Bias

As if it's not frustrating enough to suffer through the incessant liberal bias of "Entrenched Journalism" on a daily basis, now we have to stomach their ludicrous denials that it even exists. What's even scarier is the fact that many of these knotheads actually believe they are being fair and balanced.

In the past day or so three national journalists have denied liberal bias or claimed they are really centrists. Asked by the Houston Chronicle if he's "liberal or conservative?", MSNBC's Keith Olbermann admitted that "a lot of my personal world view is unmistakably sympathetic to things in a liberal play book," but he insisted "my point of view is about delivering information and context. It has nothing to do with a political point of view." Newsweek's Jonathan Alter, recalling a conversation with Roger Ailes about joining FNC, related on Huffington Post that "I never pursued it after it was clear he just wanted me on his air as a liberal punching bag. When I told him I was a centrist on many issues and didn't care to be announced as a liberal every time I appeared (his terms of employment), our discussions ended." CBS's Bob Schieffer, on Imus in the Morning on Thursday, conceded "there may be one or two people in journalism" with a political agenda, "but for the most part, most reporters are just trying to find out what happened."

MSNBC's Keith Olbermann: Romenesko (www.poynter.org on Thursday highlighted a glowing June 9 review, in the Houston Chronicle, of Olbermann's Countdown. Mike McDaniel advised readers: "May I direct you to Countdown With Keith Olbermann, an hour-long MSNBC show that rivals Jon Stewart's Daily Show in entertainment value while also serving up smart takes on the news of the day. Heck, some days it even makes news."

Near the end of his column, McDaniel asked: "Is he liberal or conservative?" He passed along Olbermann's response: "'A lot of my personal world view is unmistakably sympathetic to things in a liberal play book,' he said, 'but honest to God, I have been called a reactionary by some on the far left, a liberal by some on the far right and I'm insulted by both terms. My point of view is about delivering information and context. It has nothing to do with a political point of view.'" "And he's not afraid to give it, when necessary. "'Only if it serves to illuminate would I do it. I don't look for opportunities to be critical of a particular party. I look for opportunities to be critical.'"

BWWWAAAAHAHAHAHA...Olbermanns delivery has EVERYTHING to do with a political point of view. Talk about self delusion. Only one thing worse than lying to the public is lying to oneself. It's apparent that KO is quite adept at both.

No comments: